翻譯平台試譯文

Nikki Chuang
4 min readJun 13, 2019

Original text — English

Food prices often seem to rise no matter what the state of the nation’s economy, and that can make it more difficult to feed a family on a tight budget. Still, if you plan carefully, keep an eye out for sales and bargains, and exercise a little creativity, you can put together tasty, healthy and satisfying meals for under $10.

1. Poultry Ideas

Whole chickens are frequently available for under $1 a pound and are easy to roast. Add mashed or baked potatoes for a substantial side dish and serve a fresh green salad with a homemade oil and vinegar dressing seasoned with herbs and spices from your pantry.

A four-pound chicken with these sides should cost well under $10, even if you splurge for sour cream for the potatoes and a tomato and bell pepper for the salad. Boneless chicken breasts are often sold for about $3 a pound. When sliced or diced they can be sauteed with frozen or fresh vegetables, flavored with canned creamed soup and milk and served over rice.

This will yield a satisfying and balanced meal for four.

2. Sweet Finishes

Add a sweet dessert treat to the menu if you have a dollar or two to spare. Value-priced ice cream can be purchased for under $3 a half gallon. It can be turned into a gourmet treat when you add a chocolate topping made by melting chocolate chips and stirring in a little milk.

Top with nuts from a supermarket’s candy bar aisle, which typically cost less than $1. Brownie mixes are usually around $1 and make a batch big enough for a family of four with leftovers for lunch the next day.

食物價格似乎經常上升不管這國家的經濟狀況什麼樣,而且在預算緊縮上,那會讓養活一個家庭更困難。不過,如果謹慎地計畫,留意減價及便宜貨,並且發揮一些創意,你就能在$10以下拼湊好吃,健康以及令人滿意的餐點。

1. 家禽肉點子

全雞往往可以在一磅$1以下而且容易烘烤。從你的廚房裡加搗碎的或烤過的馬鈴薯當作豐富的配菜,然後端上一份新鮮的生菜沙拉與自製佐以香草及香料調味的油和醋醬料。一個四磅的雞和這些配菜應該花費大大低於$10以下,即便你把錢花在馬鈴薯用的酸乳酪,及沙拉用的蕃茄和甜椒。無骨的雞胸肉通常賣差不多$3一磅。當切片或切塊的可以拌冷凍或新鮮蔬菜拌炒 (Marked as wrong),用罐裝奶油濃湯和牛奶調味然後淋在飯上。這會帶來一頓令人滿意且均衡的四人份餐點。

2. 甜美的結尾

如果你有剩餘的一元或兩元,添加一份甜點到菜單上。超值的冰淇淋能夠以$3半個加侖購買到。當你加上融化巧克力碎片製成的巧克力醬料並且在一些牛奶裡攪拌,它就會變成一個美食佳餚。鋪上從超級市場的糖果條走道,一般花費低於$1的堅果。巧克力蛋糕粉通常在$1左右且做一份量大的足夠給一家四口加上剩餘菜餚當作隔天的午餐。

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiFDY6N33aw&spfreload=10

Kids Explain Gay Marriage [Jimmy Kimmel Live]

中文翻譯

As you know, the Supreme Court’s decision on Friday in favor of same sex marriage is controversial

some people just don’t like it, they don’t believe in it, they don’t think it’s right

One of the most common arguments you hear, is “How do I explain this to my kids?”and it’s a good question. At the very least, it’s a fair question. You wonder if children are sophisticated enough to wrap their head around something like this. And we went on the street today to ask kids what they think and what they know. And here they are.

就你所知,高等法院在星期五的支持同性婚姻的判決是很具爭議的,有些人就是不喜歡,他們不相信這件事,他們不認為這是正確的。你聽到最普遍的論點的其中一點是,“我怎麼解釋給我的小孩?” 而那是個很好的問題。最起碼,這是個公平的問題。你想知道孩子是否夠成熟去理解這樣的事情。而我們今天便走上街問孩子們他們怎麼想,還有他們知道什麼。於是他們就在這裡。

Kids share their thoughts on same sex marriage.

孩子們分享同性婚姻的想法。

Could you tell me what gay marriage is?

你能告訴我什麼是同志婚姻嗎?

Um, it’s when two men and two women get married.

恩…,就是當兩個男人和兩個女人結婚。

So is it when 4 people get married?

所以那是當四個人結婚?

… no (giggles)

…不是(傻笑)

Could you tell us what gay marriage is?

你能告訴我什麼是同志婚姻嗎?

…… I know nothing about that yet

…關於那我還一無所知

Why would anyone ever wanna get married?

為什麼任何人曾經想要結婚呢?

because they love each other and they feel a connection?

因為他們愛對方而且他們感覺到一種連結?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvlwO4_KZ9k

Why do you forget their name?

中文翻譯

You meet a new acquaintance

你遇到了一位剛認識的朋友

and as you go to shake hands after you introduce yourself

並在你自我介紹後上前握手時

you suddenly realize “wait… I already forgot their name.”

你突然驚覺“等等…我已經忘了他們的名字。“

WHY does this ALWAYS HAPPEN?

為何這件事總是發生?

and what does it say about your brain?

以及這說明了關於你的頭腦什麼?

Chances are, you can remember someone’s face over their name

有些機會可能是,你能夠記住某人的臉多過於他們的名字

- Our brains are hardwired to recognize facial details.

我們的頭腦對於辨認臉部細節是與生俱來的

Brain scans even show that individual brain cells

腦部掃描甚至顯示單一腦細胞

are fired in response to any given face.

回應任何給定的人臉時是起明顯反應的

But when it comes to forgetting names

但是當說到忘記名字

it may have to do with something called the Baker Effect.

可能是和所謂的貝克效應有關

If I tell you I’m a baker, I’m providing information

如果我告訴你我是麵包師傅,我正在提供訊息

about what I do, and how I spend my time.

關於我的職業,還有我如何運用我的時間。

but if I say my name is Baker,

但是如果我說我叫Baker,

it has no mental links and is vulnerable to forgetting.

它沒有任何精神上的連結而且容易忘記。

after all, names are completely arbitrary

總而言之,名字是完全隨意地

and hold no specific information in them.

也掌握不了他人特定的訊息。

And if your brain can’t make connections between multiple pieces of information,

如果你的腦部無法讓多樣訊息有任何聯繫,

particularly things you already know or feel familiar with,

特別是你已經知道或感到熟悉的事物,

then you’re more likely to forget that information

於是你傾向於忘記那個資訊。

of course, it doesn’t help that you’re often focusing on introducing yourself.

當然,這對於你常專注於自我介紹上並無用處。

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JVTirBEfho

Why Climate Change Is A Threat to Human Rights [TED Talks]

English

中文翻譯

A question I’m often asked is where do I get my passion for human rights and justice

我常被問到的一個問題是我是從哪裡得到對於人權和正義的熱情?

it started early.

它很早時便開始。

I grew up in the west of Ireland, wedged between four brothers

我生長在西愛爾蘭,夾在四個兄弟之間

, two older than me and two younger than me.

,兩個較我年長以及兩個年輕於我。

So of course I had to be interested in human rights, and equality, and justice and using elbows!

所以當然我必須對人權及平等及正義並且使用胳臂感興趣!

And those issues stayed with me and guided me, in particular, when I was elected the first woman president of ireland from 1990 to 1997

那些問題在我身邊並引導我,特別是在1990到1997年當我被選為第一位愛爾蘭女性總統時。

I dedicated my presidency to having a space for those who felt marginalized

我奉獻我的總統任期為那些在愛爾蘭的島上感到邊緣化的人空出位置, 並集合北愛爾蘭團體

on the island of Ireland, and bringing together communities from Northern Ireland

with those from the Republic trying to build peace

以及那些從共和國來的人一起試著建立和平。

and I went as the first Irish President to the United Kingdom and met with Queen Elizabeth the second,

我以第一位愛爾蘭總統之名到英國並會見伊麗莎白二世,

and also welcomed to my official residence which we call “áras an uachtarán”, the house of the president.

並且也被迎到我正式的居所,我們稱之為”áras an uachtarán”,總統的房子

members of the royal family included, notably the Prince of Wales

,包括皇室家族成員, 特別是威爾斯王子。

I was aware that at the time of my presidency, Ireland was a country beginning a rapid economic progress

我在我總統任期的時間,我意識到愛爾蘭是個經濟開始一段快速進展的國家。

we were a country that is benefiting from the solidarity of the EU.

我們是受惠於歐盟團結的國家。

--

--